Erasmus+ Teaching mobility (STA) – program countries
The Erasmus+ program supports short teaching assignments (STA) at European partner universities. Visiting teaching staff enrich the range and content of the courses and enhance inter-institutional cooperation and “internationalization at home”. The University of Graz welcomes academic staff from Erasmus+ partner institutions for a teaching visit within the existing inter-institutional agreements.
Teaching staff at our Erasmus partner institutions in eligible program countries: EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, Turkey and North Macedonia.
The Erasmus+ mobility grant is awarded by the home institution. Please contact the International Office at your home university for further information on the application procedure.
How to proceed
- Check with your home university whether there is a valid inter-institutional agreement in in place in your academic field.
- Check relevant deadlines and procedures for application at your home university
- Contact the relevant hosting department/unit at the University of Graz to negotiate a possible teaching visit. Please submit your CV and the proposed teaching offer to the relevant hosting department/unit.
- Once the hosting department/unit has confirmed to host you, you will need to agree on a suitable timeframe and to specify your teaching topic.
- All details need to be defined and confirmed in the “Erasmus Mobility Agreement for Teaching” prior to mobility. This document needs to be signed by the applicant, as well as the responsible persons at the home institution and the host department/unit.
- It is the hosting department’s/unit’s responsibility to assist in finding accommodation if needed.
- A confirmation of stay will be issued by the hosting department/unit at the end of your visit.
Please note that teaching visits need to be negotiated well in advance in order to fit into the regular teaching offer. We advise to contact the host department/unit at least one semester in advance.
ContactDiana Afrashteh, MA
Mon - Fri 9.30 - 12am, Wed 1 - 3pm
(During course free time: Monday-Thursday 10-12am)
and on appointment