- Applications for the academic year 2023/24 are now possible.
- Info session (how to apply, documents,...): Monday, 3rd July 2023, 14:00, HS 01.15
- We would like to draw your attention to travel warnings and therefore recommend that you consider this for your planning. If you go abroad despite travel warnings, you do so at your own risk and on your own responsibility.
You must find an internship on your own. Once you have been accepted for an internship, you can apply for the Erasmus+ grant.
You must be enrolled in a regular study programme at the University of Graz during the entire internship, you are also not allowed to be on leave during the internship.
Students of the General Secondary Level Teacher Training study programme (Lehramt) or students of a NAWI Graz cooperation study programme must apply for an Erasmus+ Traineeship grant through their entrance university (Stammuniversität).
There are currently no internships for recent graduates.
Minimum internship duration & funding period: 2 months (= 60 days, 1 month = 30 days)
Maximum: 12 months (= 360 days, 1 month = 30 days).
Important: The maximum length of stay of 12 months for Erasmus+ mobilities per study level (bachelor, master, doctorate) or 24 months (diploma studies) must not be exceeded! The number and the type of Erasmus+ stays are irrelevant. What counts is the total amount of all Erasmus+ stays (for example: Erasmus+, Erasmus+ International, Erasmus+ Internship, Erasmus+ BIP, Erasmus Mundus Action 2 etc.).
You must not have an employment at the University of Graz during mobility.
You may also not receive another mobility grant from the Office of International Relations during the same funding period.
It must be a "study-relevant internship", i.e. the internship must be approved in advance by the competent recognition body for your field of study as:
- Compulsory internship
- free elective (with ECTS)
- useful addition to your studies (without ECTS)
Further information can be found in the application documents under "Application for approval of internship".
- Richtlinie der Studiendirektorin (German only)
Double funding for one and the same activity from EU funds or grants directly funded by the BMBWF or other Austrian federal agencies is not permitted. Receiving Austrian or foreign study allowances, or other foreign/provincial/state grants does not constitute double funding.
You can also apply for Erasmus+ funding for a paid internship.
You can submit your application documents continuously, but no later than 2 months before the start of the internship. In case you can upload your learning agreement for traineeship and/or application for recognition of traineeship only after this deadline, please contact auslandspraktikum(at)uni-graz.at.
If it is a short-term commitment for an internship and you therefore cannot meet the application deadline, please also contact auslandspraktikum(at)uni-graz.at to clarify whether an application is still possible.
Academic year 2022/23:
|1||Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden||€ 640,-|
|2||Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus||€ 590,-|
|3||Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary||€ 540,-|
*per month of stay
In addition to the mobility grant mentioned above, you can receive further financial support ("top-ups") stated below. To receive the top-up, you will have to submit additional documents.
The following top-ups are available:
- Green Mobility: travel grants for green travel (€50 and up to 4 travel days, for which you will also receive a mobility grant)
- Students with fewer opportunities (€250/Month; application possible only for one of the following options):
- Students with children who accompany their parents during the mobility
- Students with disabilities (if you have a disability pass)
- Students with chronical diseases, if the students have higher costs because of the mobility as compared to the costs in the home country
Note: this information applies to the academic year 2022/23!
- Inclusion support: if the top up for students with fewer opportunities is not enough, students with a disability or a chronical illness can apply for inclusion support; allergies and food intolerances are excluded.
The application is made online via the Mobility-Online (M-O) database. Access is via your personal business card in UNIGRAZonline. You can find a manual here.
You have to upload the application form (print-out from Mobility-Online) with photo and personal signature in Mobility-Online and submit it personally to our office within the application deadline. Please note our opening hours.
You can download the Learning Agreement (LA) from Mobility-Online. It is already partially filled with your application data. You have to upload the completely filled and signed LA to Mobility-Online. We can only grant Erasmus+ stays with a complete Learning Agreement.
You are responsible for filling out the LA - you can find a fill-out help here.
The application form must be signed by the person responsible for recognitions (e.g. chair of the curricular committee) - the application is usually submitted via the dean's office responsible for your field of study.
The approval for recognition of the internship must be obtained before the start of the internship and is necessary for the application for the Erasmus+ traineeship grant. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact the dean's office responsible for the procedure.
Note: Students of the SOWI faculty and the REWI faculty please use the faculty-specific form for the application.
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences
Faculty of Theology
Faculty of Environmental, Regional and Educational Sciences
In some cases, for example if the internship is to be recognized for a class, we also accept a pre-recognition notice ("Vorausbescheid") instead of the application for approval of the internship. Please contact us in advance if this applies to you.
You need to upload a letter of motivation to Mobility-Online:
- 1-2 pages (max.)
- Describe your personal and academic motivation for the Erasmus+ traineeship
- Language: in English, unless you are completing the internship in German, then you can also submit this document in German language.
Please upload your Transcript of Records for all previous and current semesters or studies. You can download your Uni Graz transcripts in UNIGRAZonline.
You have to upload an appropriate language certificate for the working language of the internship.
- If you complete an internship in a country where your native language is spoken, please confirm this on an informal letter and upload it.
- Evidence of studies completed / classes taken
- Matura / secondary school leaving certificate
- Language certificates (e.g. Treffpunkt Sprachen)
- For students of a foreign language: upload a short statement that you are studying the language or e.g. a suitable Transcript of Records
We can only consider applications that were marked as "complete" in Mobility-Online.
Grantees are selected by the programme officers in the Office of International Relations according to the following selection criteria :
- Relevance of the intended internship for the respective study programme
- Academic success
- Language proficiency
- Additional qualifications, e.g. mentor for foreign students
- Overall impression of the application
If you have submitted a complete application, we will inform you about the outcome of the application and follwing steps by email.
If your application for an Erasmus+ traineeship grant has been approved, we will conclude an agreement with you for the payment of the grant. Detailed information about this will be sent to you by email.
The first grant installment is 75% of the total amount determined in the agreement, the second installment (25%) will be transferred to you after the end of the stay and receipt of the final documents.
You are responsible for obtaining suitable insurance coverage for your stay abroad. We strongly recommend to contact your current insurance provider directly if you have any questions.
With the students union fee (ÖH-Beitrag), you have an accident and liability insurance in many countries that covers only accidents and damage that occur during your classes, not in the private sphere! You can find more detailed information at https://www.oeh.ac.at/service/versicherung .
Check whether you have a valid "European Health Insurance Card" (EHIC), which is recognized in all EU countries as well as Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Switzerland and Serbia. In order to be able to use the EHIC abroad, the data fields on the back of the e-card must be completed. If the data fields are filled with asterisks, it does not count as EHIC. Then you have to apply to your health insurance provider in good time before you travel to get a “certificate as a provisional replacement for the EHIC”.
Non-EU/EEA nationals may need a (working) visa or a residence permit for their internship. It is your responsibility to find out about the requirements by contacting e.g. the embassy of the host country well in advance.
Do not forget to request confirmations for your internship:
- Learning Agreement for Traineeships "after the mobility": last page, available through Mobility-Online
- if applicable: Confirmation of stay (page 3/4 of the application for approval) - only necessary if you applied for the internship to be recognized as a "useful addition to your studies".
- recommendable: internship certificate (for future applications or your CV, you do not need to submit it to us)
In principle, an extension is possible, provided that the corresponding application for extension arrives and gets approved at least four weeks before the end of the originally planned stay. The extension period must not be longer than the originally planned stay (and a maximum of 12 months in total). Please contact us if you would like to extend your internship well in advance.
In the event of an extension, the LA for Traineeships must be issued and signed again!
Here you can find information about the documents you need to submit via Mobility-Online no later than 2 months after ending your internship:
You will receive a link with the EU-survey by email. You must complete it within the specified period.
Upload the filled-out and signed Learning Agreement for Traineeships ("after the mobility") to Mobility-Online.
Julia TaucherBA. MA.
Universitätsplatz 3, 1st floor
Mon - Fri: 9.30 am - 12 noon
Wed: 1 - 3 pm
as well as on appointment
Mon - Thur: 10 am - 12 noon)