Ida Pfeiffer Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver at the University of Graz during your stay abroad
- Used for self-organized stays abroad
- Can be used by all students, for example also:
- ... if you have already completed a study or research stay (Erasmus +, Joint Study, ISEP ...) abroad and would like to extend it at the same place.
Attention: You have to organize and finance the stay yourself - the Ida Pfeiffer scholarship only waives the tuition fees at the University of Graz!
- ... if your application for a grant for self-organized stays has been rejected and you still want to do a stay abroad.
As a first step, you have to apply for the scholarship at the Office of International Relations. You can find details about the application procedure here:
Duration of stay: from 2 weeks up to 1 year
You will be exempt from the tuiton fee at Uni Graz for the semester, in which the majority of your stay takes place.
- Enrolled for a regular study programme at the University of Graz ("ordentliches Studium")
- Minimum age: 19 years
- At the time of starting your mobility (not at the time of application) you have completed at least the first year of studies in the field of study that is relevant to your stay
Please submit the following documents to the programme officer at the Office of International Relations:
- Application form with photo
- Confirmation from the host university (e.g. confirmation of admission, letter of invitation, confirmation of supervision)
- Letter of motivation with academic justification: 1-2 A4 pages with signature (template)
- CV (tabular resume) with signature
- When attending courses: Pre-recoginition notification from the University of Graz (Vorausbescheid) as confirmation of the creditability of courses (in copy)
- For academic work (bachelor's / master's / diploma thesis or dissertation): Confirmation of the supervisor regarding the successful progress of work
- For internships or summer schools you do not receive credits for (no recognition): Confirmation that it is a reasonable complement to your studies from the head of the curricular committee (chairperson)
- Electronic report on the stay (template)
The report should give an overall impression of your stay: both about the professional as well as about general experiences on site. These student reports are published in the experience report portal, ideas and a template can be found here: auslandserfahrung.uni-graz.at
- Confirmation of stay: the host institution has to confirm your exact period of stay (arrival - departure date). The confirmation must have a signature and a university or institute stamp (not applicable for field research)
- Transcript of records or confirmation of course attendance from the host institution (not applicable in case of thesis research)
- Recognition notification or confirmation from the supervisor of the University of Graz that the scholarship has been used as intended (with signature and institute stamp)