Rudi Roth Scholarship
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we would like to draw your attention to travel warnings and therefore recommend that you include this in your planning. If you go abroad despite travel warnings, you do so at your own risk and responsibility.
- The Rudi Roth scholarship supports research stays for academic work (bachelor's / master's / diploma theses and dissertations) that deal with the situation in Eastern or South-Eastern Europe from the perspective of the respective degree
- Application is open for all fields of study
After you have set the dates for your stay abroad, you can apply for a grant at the Office of International Relations. Here you can find more information about the application process:
- Enrolled for a regular study programme at the University of Graz ("ordentliches Studium")
- Thesis deals with the situation in Eastern or South-Eastern Europe
- A research stay for the thesis in the relevant region is already planned
If you are selected for the scholarship, you must attend the certificate award ceremony!
Create an online application in Mobility-Online. You can find an online help here.
You have to upload / fill out the following application documents in Mobility-Online:
- Application form, including photo and signature
Attention : You must also personally submit the application form (printout from Mobility-Online) with photo and signature to the Office of International Relations within the application period.
- CV (tabular resume)
- Proof of academic success / transcript of records for the entire period of study (printout from UNIGRAZonline)
- Letter of motivation = description of the research project (max. 2 pages), personally signed
Submit the following documents to the programme officer at the Office of International Relations:
- Application form (printout from Mobility-Online) with photo and signature, ORIGINAL
- 1 Letter of recommendation from thesis supervisor
Note: Letters of recommendation must be signed and stamped by the institute and can be sent directly to the programme officer via in-house mail or made available to the student in a sealed envelope.
A selection meeting will take place after the application deadline passed. At the meeting, a committee will select the scholarship holders and set the scholarship amounts. We will inform you of the outcome of your application by email.
All exchange students at Uni Graz are obliged to sign an agreement for their stay abroad. By signing this agreement, you officially accept the nomination. You will receive detailed instructions by email.
The office of Mag. Rudi Roth pays the scholarship. The scholarship will only be paid if you have taken part in the mandatory certificate award ceremony and have submitted the required documents (agreement, registration form) to the Office of International Relations.
- Certificate award ceremony: to be announced to selected grantees in the mobility agreement
You do not have to pay any tuition fees at the University of Graz when staying abroad for more than 14 days. Attention: You must pay your students union fee (ÖH Beitrag) to stay enrolled at Uni Graz!
You are responsible for obtaining suitable insurance coverage abroad. We recommend contacting your current insurance company directly if you have any questions. The grant does not include insurance coverage.
Note: If you are compulsorily insured in Austria, check whether you have a valid " European Health Insurance Card " (EHIC). The EHIC is located on the back of your e-card and is recognized in the EU countries as well as Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Switzerland and Serbia. Please contact your insurance provider in Austria for more information.
After your stay, you must upload the following documents to Mobility-Online - note the relevant deadlines.
- Electronic report on the stay (template) - submission no later than 10 weeks after the stay
The report should give an overall impression of your stay: both about the professional and general experiences on site. Reports are published in the experience report portal, ideas and a template can be found here: auslandserfahrung.uni-graz.at
- Copy of the degree certificate (graduation / doctoral certificate) no later than 12 months (Bachelor's / Master's thesis) or 24 months (dissertation) after the grant has been awarded.