CEEPUS stands for Central European Exchange Program for University Studies, it is an exchange program with countries from Central and South-Eastern Europe. The following countries take part:
| || |
At CEEPUS, you can choose either a partner institution or a network for your mobility.
Networks are associations of institutes of at least 3 universities from at least 2 different countries. If you are interested in a network, you can contact the relevant contact person mentioned in the list below. You can only study at a partner institution abroad through a CEEPUS network in which the University of Graz is involved.
If you do not want to stay within a network but at a partner institution, you can also apply for a scholarship as a free mover. You will only receive a scholarship as a free mover if not all network spots are used.
|Network||Participating Institute @ Graz||Contact person|
|Bioethics||Moral Theology||Univ.-Prof. Dr. Walter Schaupp|
|Borders and Borderlines in Cultural Anthropology in the university education||History||O.Univ.Prof. Dr. Karl Kaser|
|Central European Knowledge Alliance for teaching, Learning & Research in Pharmaceutical Technology (CEKA Pharm Tech)*||Pharmaceutical Sciences||Univ.-Prof. DDr. Andreas Zimmer|
|CESEENet - Central, East and South-East European PhD Network in Management and Economics*||Accounting and Reporting||Univ.-Prof. DDr. Georg Schneider|
|Education of Modern Analytical and Bioanalytical Methods||Chemistry||Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Kurt Kalcher|
|FISH (French, Italian, Spanish) - Romance Languages and Cultures - Strategies of Communication and Culture Transfer in Central Europe||Romance Studies||Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stefan Schneider|
|GEOREGNET||Geography and Regional Sciences||Dr. Josef Gspurning|
|Inter-American Studies||Center for Inter-American Studies||Dr. Christian Cwik|
|Novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to complex genetic disorders||Pharmaceutical Sciences||Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Adelheid Brantner|
|Philosophy and Interdisciplinarity*||Philosophy||DDr. Daniela Camhy|
|Slavic Philology and its Cultural Contexts||Slavic Studies||Svitlana Antonyuk, MA. PhD|
|Teaching and Learning Bioanalysis||Pharmaceutical Sciences||Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Martin Schmid|
|Training and research in environmental chemistry and toxicology||Chemistry||Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr. Walter Gössler|
As a first step, please contact the network coordination of the University of Graz. You will find the contact persons at the institutes above at the section "Networks".
The application for the CEEPUS scholarship is only possible at the website of the CEEPUS network.
- you have completed at least 2 semesters in the field of study with which you apply
- Nationality of a CEEPUS Member State or an Equal Status Document
- you are enrolled for a full degree at the University of Graz
- Destination country is not the home country
- Duration of stay is at least 3 and a maximum of 10 months
Attention:Shorter stays are only possible within the framework of bachelor's/master's theses, dissertations and summer schools!
- short stays (excursions of at least 3 days)
- longer stays up to 10 months
The folllowing categories of stay exist:
For "undergraduates" (=Bachelor level) Minimum stay: 3 months, maximum stay: 10 months
- Student - short term
1-2 months for writing thesis (Bachelor's/Master's thesis, dissertation)
- Summer Schools (organized by the host institution)
- Student Mobility - short term excursion
3-10 days excursion organized by the home or host institution
- Exemption from tuition fees at the University of Graz and and host university
- Full scholarship provided by host country (based on the cost of living of the respective country)
- For stays longer than 2 months: grant of EUR 200,-/month
- After submission of the final report and required proof of success, additional travel expenses for stays longer than 21 days will be granted
- 31 October: for stays in the summer semester
- November 30: for Free Mover stays
- 15 June: for stays in the winter semester or academic year
You have to apply online at www.ceepus.info
Once you have registered (name, e-mail address), you will receive a password that will also help you track the status of your application. In the case of network mobility, the nomination is made by the network coordinators.
For more information:
If you have been selected for a CEEPUS scholarship, the programme officer of the Office for International Relations will, among other things, exempt you from the tuition fees of the University of Graz. However, the scholarship/grant is paid out through the CEEPUS network, not through the University of Graz.
If you were not selected, we will send you information about further possibilities to realize your stay abroad.
For more information: