Travelling to Graz
Make sure you are well prepared for the mobility and take all necessary documents and contacts with you on your journey.
Before heading out to Graz make sure you have all necessary documents (learning agreement [Erasmus+ /Erasmus+ international students], documents for residence permit [non-EU 2 semester students], etc.)
- Ticket and travel information
- Passport [in case of dual nationality – both passports], Identity Card [citizens of EU/EEA countries as an alternative to the passport]
- Visa [in case it is needed for the stay depending on nationality and duration of stay]
- Insurance card / proof of insurance
- Your address in Graz incl. information on how to get to the dorm after arrival in Graz
- Cash to cover bus/train/taxi costs after arrival depending on how you intend to travel to your address in Graz
- In case you have studied at University of Graz before, make sure you bring along your UNIGRAZcard
NON EU/EAA citizens, who also have an EU/EEA citizenship and valid passport of the EU/EEA country, use their EU/EEA-passport when travelling to Graz as well as when registering with the City of Graz after arrival. In addition, those students also register with the Province of Styria as EU/EEA citizens after arrival (information available during welcome events). In this case, no visa application for the NON EU/EEA nationality is necessary, since the trip to Graz and the stay are based on the EU/EEA nationality.
Contacts to take along
- Contact details of your buddy [if you signed up for the buddy program]
- Contact details and opening hours of the dorm administration [in case you stay in a dorm] or contact details of your landlord / landlady [if you arranged for private accommodation]
- Contact details for the hotel / youth hostel, in case you are arriving before your dorm room is available
- Contact details of your contact person in the International Office at University of Graz
- Details of the insurance covering your trip to Graz in case you need to make use of it during the trip
Getting to University of Graz
|In case you arrive at Vienna Airport|
|In case you arrive at Graz Airport |
|If you arrive by train at “Graz Hauptbahnhof” |
ContactGeorg Göschl, Bakk. rer. soc. oec. MA.
Mon - Fri von 9.30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Wed 1 – 3 p.m.
(During holidays: Monday-Thursday 10-12 a.m.)
and on appointment