Let the dorm administration know AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE when you are planning to depart, arrange a time for a room-check with the dorm administration so you can get your deposit back.
DEREGISTERING - the day before you leave Graz you need to deregister from...
Meldeamt, Schmiedgasse 26, Parterre
- Opening hours:
⇒Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 1 pm
⇒Monday from 1 pm to 3 pm (by arrangement via +43 316 872-5114 only)
- Fill in the form, sign and take along your passport. Make sure to be there at least 30 min before they close! For the deregistration you do NOT need the dorm’s/landlord’s/landlady’s signature.
- Link to download deregistration form (ZMR-Zahl = number on your Meldebestätigung, “Sie verziehen ins Ausland” – ja!)
ÖGK-Insurance, Josef-Pongratz-Platz 1
- On the same day, you also need to deregister from your ÖGK-insurance.
- Please complete our sample letter with your personal information. It is best if you take the note to the insurance company yourself.
Abteilung 3 – Verfassung und Inneres, Paulustorgasse 4, 8010 Graz / Austria
Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 8am to 12.30pm
- EU/EAA students must deregister by sending an email to (maria.janisch(at)stmk.gv.at or gerald.nussbaum(at)stmk.gv.at). If you have received a document confirming your registration as EU citizen you must return this document before you leave.
- NON-EU/EAA students with a residence permit must send the residence permit card back to the office (Abteilung 3 – Verfassung und Inneres, Paulustorgasse 4, 8010 Graz/Austria) after returning home. It is illegal to keep the permit!
RETURNING borrowed items & cancel contracts
- Return books to the library
- Close your bank account
- If you have a mobilie phone contract, cancel the contract well in advance – otherwise you have to pay for it even when you are not here.
CONFIRMATION OF STAY
If your University requires you to have a confirmation of stay signed by the IRO Graz, please come to our office no earlier than 5 days before leaving and we will sign the respective confirmation.
Please ask at your home University if other documents of your stay in Graz are needed.
We are constantly trying to improve our services and this is only possible thanks to your comments and feedback. We would very much appreciate your feedback – thank you in advance for your time!
We hope your semester / academic year was an unforgettable experience both on a personal level and for your academic development. We wish you all the best for the continuation of your studies and your career.
Please share your Graz experience with your colleagues and friends.
Georg GöschlBakk. rer. soc. oec. MA.
Mo - Fr 9:30 - 12 am
Wed additionally 1 - 3 pm
and on appointment
(During course free time:
Mo - Thu 10 - 12 am)