End of this page section.

Begin of page section: Contents:


In case you want to extend your mobility stay at the University of Graz, your first step will be to check with your home university whether they agree to the extension of your stay. If that is the case, your home university must confirm the extension of your mobility with the relevant contact person in the International Office at the University of Graz. 

University of Graz will then consider your request and decide whether it can be granted.

In case the University of Graz grants your request, please consider the following information:

  • An extension is only possible within the same academic year
  • You have to pay in the student union fee for the additional semester before the relevant deadline.
  • Housing: Make sure you contact your landlord/landlady/dorm concerning the extension of your housing arrangement: In case your housing arrangement was organised by the Office of International Relations (ISEP, Hendrix, HighPoint), get in touch with the office to see if an extension of your housing arrangement is possible.
  • Residence Permit (NON-EU/EEA-students): in case of a stay of more than 6 months, NON-EU/EEA-students must apply for a residence permit. Depending on your nationality, the residence permit application must be handed in at the Austrian embassy in your home country or in Graz. Make sure you check into which regulations apply to you concerning the residence permit application as early as possible.
  • Health Insurance: Do not forget to extend your health insurance to include the period of extension. NON-EU/EEA-student must sign up for Austrian health insurance in case of a mobility period of more than 6 months (=GKK Studierenden-Versicherung).


Office of International Relations
Universitaetsplatz 3, 8010 Graz
Phone:+43 (0)316 380 - 1249
Fax:+43 (0)316 380 - 9156


Mon - Fri von 9.30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Wed 1 – 3 p.m.
(During holidays: Monday-Thursday 10-12 a.m.)
and on appointment

End of this page section.

Begin of page section: Additional information:

End of this page section.