City College of New York Summer School
Two-Week Intensive Seminar Course-Summer 2018 at the City College of the University of New York (CCNY) in New York City. “SCIENCE AND SOCIETY - IN THE FUTURE” - Course participants will explore the challenges faced by Science, Technology and Engineering in the Future through a series of lectures and discussions. Students can explore areas of:
- Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Structural Biology, New Materials and Nanotechnology
- Energy, Sustainability Ecology and Environmental Issues
- Engineering in an Urban Environment
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The interdisciplinary nature of the sciences and engineering will be emphasized, and the course will utilize the expertise of the Centers, Institutes and Programs within the University for invited lectures by CUNY Faculty.
- Week 1: will be structured to include workshop style lectures, research presentations and laboratory tours.
- Week 2: in week 2, students will be matched with one (or more) faculty in a Center/Institute setting, allowing them to explore their research area/challenge.
Eight students from the Uni Graz/TU-Graz and students from the City University of New York, the University of Cartagena and the State University of Feira de Santana will participate in the program. Students will be exposed to five main Challenges in Science and Technology (as per the course description) and will develop a final presentation and research paper focused on the direction they predict ONE of the selected Science, Engineering, or Technology area they chose, will trend in the upcoming twenty-five years.
Open to all University of Graz students who have completed at least 120 ECTS at the university irrespective of study level (both BA and MA students are eligible).
- Deadline for applications: 22nd of June 2018
- Application form
- A short essay in English (about one page, written by yourself) on your motivation to attend the summer school and why the topic of the seminar is of interest to you.
- Transcript of Records in English (to be obtained at Studien- und Prüfungsabteilung)
- Data protection declaration (in German) to be read
Please send your application documents by post to:
Büro für Internationale Beziehungen / Office of International Relations
z.H. Georg Göschl, MA. Bakk. rer. soc. oec.
Elisabethstraße 27/II, A-8010 Graz
or you can leave the complete application in the mailbox outside the Office of International Relations, main building (Site 1 on the site plan). Make sure you check whether your application is complete before sending it. Consideration can only be given to applications if they are received on time and are complete. Applications by E-Mail will not be accepted.
- Plane tickets and meals, accomodation
- financial support can be applied by the KUWI grant (further information Mag. Maren Leykauf, maren.leykauf(at)uni-graz.at) applications have to be submitted before the start of the summer school
- University of Graz students don’t have to pay tuition fees at the City College of New York: tuition fee and transportation in New York are covered by the City College of New York
ContactGeorg Göschl, Bakk. rer. soc. oec. MA.
Büro f. Internationale Beziehungen
z. Hd. Georg Göschl, MA. Bakk. rer. soc. oec.