Nanjing Summer School - China
Starting in 2017, Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program (NIYEP) is sponsored and funded by Nanjing People's Government. In partnership with companies and universities based in Nanjing, the Program highlights internship and exchange activities designed for college students from selected countries, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, France and Canada. The purpose of the Program is to help foreign college students obtaining personal and in-depth experiences of working and living in China, and looking into overall situations in China and Nanjing through their own eyes. Besides, it helps promote communication and friendship with ordinary Chinese people, particularly the youth in China.
The 2018 Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program will take place in July. In this program, young candidates from both China and abroad will be given chances to explore excellent local enterprises, visit local families and scenic spots. It will be a great opportunity for students to experience the Chinese way of learning, living and working. Up to 5 students from Graz University can be nominated to participate in this summer program.
- Description of the Program
- Dates: From July 5 to July 23 in 2018 for about 3 weeks.
- Student quantity: It will take in about 30 foreign students from U.S., U.K., Germany, France and Canada, and about another 30 Nanjing local students.
- Application qualification:
- Between 18 to 30 years old;
- Preferably specializing in engineering, biotech, biomedicine, smart and high-end manufacturing, electronics, integrated circuits and ICT, AI, MBA, banking and financing, with good academic and behavioral performance at school;
- Proficiency in English or Chinese language;
- Good health condition and adaptability to cross-cultural working & living environments;
- Fees and tuition: The sponsor Foreign Affairs Office of Nanjing People's Government would cover the local board and lodging, transportations and insurance during the program, while the round-trip flight tickets shall be borne by nominees themselves. No salary or allowance is paid for NIYEP participation, including internships.
Application Deadline: March 13th 2018
Please hand in the application documents to Georg Göschl, MA. Detailed contact information can be found in the column at the right.
- Application Form
- CV in English (signed)
- Motivation in English (signed)
- Transcript of Records (download from your UNIGRAZonline account)
- Proof of language knowledge (Proficiency in English or Chinese)