Application deadline: January 23, 2024, 13:00 CET
The Best of South-East scholarship is a cooperation between Steiermärkische Sparkasse and the University of Graz:
- One-year scholarship and enrollment as an exchange student at the University of Graz in combination with a one-year trainee programme or two-month internship at Steiermärkische Sparkasse
- Academic support by attending courses at the University of Graz
- Support and further education programme for talented, motivated university graduates and students from South-Eastern Europe
Main objective: Opportunities for further education and training, international work experience, easier entry into professional life
- January 23, 2024, 1pm CET
- Applicants must provide the necessary information for acces to the online application tool by January 18, 2024 the latest – click here
Info session, online, in English:
- Session link: https://unimeet.uni-graz.at/b/gra-c29-vdh
- November 6 and 24, 2023, 1pm CET
- January 9, 2024, 1pm CET
Contact person for the application:
Mag. Christa Grassauer
Universitätsplatz 3, 8010 Graz
Telefon:+43 316 380 - 1254
Contact person at Steiermärkische Sparkasse:
Anja Schausberger, MBA
Telefon:+43 5 0100 - 35528
What is the duration of the programme?
Both options (internship and trainee program) last exactly 12 months (September - August of the following year). Shorter stays are NOT possible.
What is the difference between the trainee and internship programme?
The internship programme focuses on studying: You attend courses at the University of Graz for 1 year and do a 2-month internship at the bank during the summer months.
In the trainee programme, the focus lies on practical experience: You will get practical insights into working at the bank for a year and at the same time complete some courses at the University of Graz.
Do I have to send the documents by the application deadline?
Yes, you must have completed your data and have uploaded all documents in the online application by the last day of the application deadline at the latest. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What is a confirmation of (possible) admission?
Students applying for an exchange at master's level must upload the following document as part of the application:
- If you are currently enrolled in a master’s programme at a university in your home country: Submit confirmation of your enrollment on master’s level from your home university. This confirmation must contain the name of the master’s programme you are taking and has to be issued by the admissions office at your home university. A document as described above is also required for enrollment at doctoral level, but with confirmation of enrollment ondoctoral level.
- When you have completed your bachelor's degree but are not currently enrolled in a master's programme at your home university, you should hand in a confirmation of your home university about the possible enrollment on master's level, which means that you have successfully completed the bachelor's degree and are authorized to be enrolled at the master’s level. The confirmation must contain the name of the master's programme for which you can be admitted to, and must confirm that the admission can take place without further entrance exams or selection procedures. A document as described above is also required for enrollment at doctoral level after a master's degree, but with confirmation of (possible) enrollment at doctoral level.
Which documents do I have to hand in?
Which courses can I attend at the University of Graz?
Which courses you attend depends on your degree, your level of study, your interests and availability.
Will I get a degree from the University of Graz at the end of my stay?
Candidates selected for the programme who are not enrolled for a study programme at the University of Graz will be enrolled as exchange students for the duration of one academic year at the University of Graz. At the end of your stay you will receive a transcript of all courses you have completed and a confirmation of the Best of South-East programme. However, you will not receive a degree from the University of Graz!
Candidates selected for the programme that are enrolled for a study programme at the University of Graz will continue their studies during their Best of South-East scholarship year.
Do I have to send my application documents by post?
No, it is not necessary to send documents by post. You should have completed the data entry and uploaded all documents in the online application by the last day of the application deadline at the latest.
How do I get access to the online application tool?
Follow the instructions under Application Process - Step 1: Activate Online Application.
I finish my bachelors's degree after the application deadline - can I apply for the trainee programme?
If you are in a 4-years bachelor's programme and you are in the fourth year at the time of application, you can apply for the trainee programme - provided you can prove level B1 in German. You can also apply for the internship programme.